Thursday, July 16, 2009

New Flamingos - In the Pink ep (1983)

The New Flamingos were a Seattle power pop quartet who’s discography, to my knowledge, began and ended with this 1983 ep. Fronted by brothers Jim and David Keller, The Flamingos sported an everyman flair, doling out mid-paced, slightly wave-eqsue rock a la groups like The A’s, an fellow Seattle denizens The Heats. “I’m Not Crying” is my song of choice here, while “Bo Diddley Didn’t Know” oozes with the rootsy vibe that it’s title implies.

Scroll towards the bottom of this page to partake in a non-ep New Flamingos track, “I’m the One.” Jim’s current project is The Fentons.

01. U.S. Dolls
02. I'm Not Crying
03. Bo Diddley Didn't Know
04. Moment of Glory
 

8 comments:

icastico said...

Nice.

http://www.archive.org/details/parahelion_3

Sean Bentley said...

Yup, loved this band and still have the EP. They played at the Dez's 400 club where I bartended.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you dug this up. There were only 1,000 of them pressed. Our only other released material was a 1984 single, "Talk of Love b/w "The Imposter". I still have boxes of both of these in my closet. Thanks again.
Dave Keller

Unknown said...

I can't believe you dug this up. There were only 1,000 of them pressed. Our only other released material was a 1984 single, "Talk of Love b/w "The Imposter". I still have boxes of both of these in my closet. Thanks again.
Dave Keller

Unknown said...

Great album! I'm even on it if listen closely. Ahhh Moment of glory.

DK said...

I have posted this ep and the rest of the New Flamingos "catalog" on soudcloud for download. You can find it here:

http://soundcloud.com/the-new-flamigos

JamieStro said...

Good recall. They have resurfaced. But old tunes are most catchy.

Nice people as well.

JamieStro said...

Good recall. They have resurfaced. But old tunes are most catchy.

Nice people as well.